Maintenance Technician Opportunity:The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of a 350 unit apartment community in Boynton Beach, FL. They will assist the Maintenance Supervisor with carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, appliance and other repairs as needs arise. We are looking for a dynamic, customer service oriented individual with good troubleshooting skills.
Maintenance Technician duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in completing the turn-key apartment renovations and make ready process.
- Perform work in response to Maintenance Service Requests (MSR’s).
- Perform all general repair and maintenance related to the interior and exterior of the apartment community, including: drywall and painting, plumbing, repairing appliances, electrical, lock replacement and carpentry.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as a grinder, drill, power saw, and other power tools.
- Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures for HVAC, water, drainage and appliances.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in maintaining inventory and inventory controls.
- Participate in after hours, weekend and emergency response calls.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and safety training.
- Must have the ability to install, service, replace and repair the following items in a responsible and professional manner that meets industry standards.
Maintenance Technician qualifications:
- Must have one year full-time maintenance experience.
- Must have a HVAC certification- A universal EPA certification as required to handle Freon is preferred.
- Evidence of successful completion of appliance repair training.
- CPO -Pool operator certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable regarding ladder safety.
- Valid state driver's license is required.
- Must be able to read, speak, understand, and write in English. Must have the ability to read and comprehend supervisor and manufacturer's instructions, simple correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple notes and to fill out a Maintenance Service Request.