Ram Realty Advisors
Ram Realty Advisors, LLC (Ram) is a registered investment advisor that invests on behalf of a series of private equity funds and partnerships with co-mingled funds from institutions, plan sponsors and high net worth individuals. Through these funds and partnerships Ram acquires, develops, manages and finances retail and multifamily properties in the Southeast. We pursue the acquisition, development, and redevelopment of commercial, multifamily and mixed-use real estate. Target markets include, but are not limited too; South Florida, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville and Atlanta. Our strategy includes ground-up development, adaptive re-use, and the acquisition and redevelopment of existing assets. Since 1996 the company has deployed in excess of $2.5 billion in real estate transactions.
Ram is seeking an Asset Manager to join their team in the corporate office in Charlotte or Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The Asset Manager will be responsible to manage assigned portfolio of assets, creating and executing strategic business plans to add value to multifamily, retail, and mixed use (retail and multifamily) assets on behalf of an investor/owner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a portfolio of real estate investments in the Southeast and strategically plan how those assets relate to the overall performance at a fund level.
- Strategically manage each asset to maximize investment returns and asset value.
- Direct property management, accounting and leasing (in-house or 3rd party) to develop, review, revise and implement the budgets and business plans.
- Evaluate, direct, and oversee capital improvements and value add strategies.
- Ongoing asset valuation and investment analysis; advise senior management on major decisions.
- Ability to evaluate and understand local market trends that impact an assigned portfolio and act on them.
- Actively participate in the acquisition process; work collaboratively on due diligence inclusive of market analysis, engineering, environmental and financial reviews.
- Direct the disposition process, including hiring of third party professionals.
- Travel to assess property conditions; evaluate leasing and property performance and personnel.
- Evaluate investment performance of the assets; prepare cash flow forecasts and distribution recommendations; and monitor strategic plans and hold/sell analyses.
- Attend industry events to maintain a presence in the marketplace where Ram does business.
- Converse fluently with investors about the overall performance of assets and fund level performance in which they are invested.
- Act as catalyst for business growth in Regional office working with acquisitions and development to provide opportunities for additional investment.
- Understand at a detailed level the issues that will impact the investment strategy of each asset.
- Direct and implement systems and procedures that provide clarity regarding performance of assets and ensure that critical timelines to achieve investment strategies and business plans are met.
- Lender compliance.
Qualifications: These requirements represent the education, knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties noted above.
- Ten years relevant real estate experience.
- Solid operational skills; the successful candidate will be a 'hands on' Asset Manager.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; be flexible and adaptable; respond effectively; possess strong organizational skills; detail-oriented; effectively manage time; meet deadlines; problem solve; negotiate solutions; and work with minimal direction.
- Strategic perspective - candidates must have been involved in developing strategies for investments and possess strong execution capabilities.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Outstanding judgment with the ability to identify the relevant questions and important issues when evaluating a situation.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with proven written and verbal communication skills and able to work in a team environment.
- Experience working within a joint venture structure (preferred, but not required).
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel and a working knowledge of Argus.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree in finance or real estate preferred.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and champion of change for improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to build teamwork with good communication skills.
- Commitment to quality results
- Dependability, integrity, and willingness to learn.
- Proven time management skills.
- Meticulous work ethic without compromising efficiency.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- High degree of professionalism.