5/Ten Management is looking for a Residential Regional Manager to join their team in Charlotte or Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The Residential Regional Manager will be responsible for managing multifamily real estate properties and associated management staff, optimizing the return on investment on the owner’s behalf while establishing and promoting a positive resident experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To lead and oversee the management of multifamily properties in their assigned portfolio.
- Responsible for overall development, coordination and evaluation of site level property management staff, including setting and measuring annual goals for individual reports, conducting necessary periodic and annual performance appraisal and reviews, making recommendations for salaries and bonus, and disciplinary actions or terminations.
- Conduct all customary supervisory functions for department staff within the guidelines of company policy. Participate in and approve the hiring of all employees at each site.
- Create and maintain a positive environment for staff and help promote a high quality living experience for the residents, helping to arbitrate and resolve resident issues that are beyond the Business Manager’s purview, when necessary.
- Assist in the development, promotion, implementation, maintenance and on-going review of all property management policies, procedures, and systems
- Perform a physical review of the portfolio assets on a routine basis assessing general property appearance, condition, stability, and satisfaction of budgeted maintenance and capital programs.
- Execute all one time or recurring contracts in excess of $5K in value, within property management agreement guidelines.
- Responsible for the preparation and completion of annual property operating budgets and ensure property managers are accountable for their role in preparing and meeting budgeted goals.
- Responsible for monthly review for all assigned assets, ensuring that financial reporting guidelines and timelines are being consistently followed by reporting staff.
- Ensure compliance with any and all applicable local regulations, Fair Housing Guidelines and applicable Landlord Tenant Laws.
- Approve and monitor all deposit refunds to ensure they are complying with applicable Landlord Tenant statutes and the lease agreement.
- Review mid-month accounting reports for accuracy and approve all write-offs. Review all accruals and reclasses to ensure that proper accounting policies and guidelines are being adhered to as well as compliance with operating budgets
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained on site, inclusive of resident lease files, resident account ledgers, vendor insurance requirements are met and that forms and letters used to communicate with residents are clear, professional and mitigate potential liability risk.
- Interface with development and redevelopment teams on issues relating to capital projects and renovation strategy and execution with appropriate property management support.
- Implement and Monitor a Strategic Marketing Program for each property. Ensure consistent messaging across all means of communication to prospective residents as well as existing resident base
- Monitor leasing progress to ensure goals are met and benchmarks are met or exceeded.
- Direct and implement pricing strategies to maximize revenue opportunities, with appropriate Asset Management approval.
- Monitor market surveys in each of the competitive submarkets of existing and new development/acquisition assets to ensure highest possible rents and occupancies are achieved.
- Approve renewal programs and monthly renewal reports to ensure highest occupancy and revenue
- When necessary fill in for Business Manager vacancies as needed at each site.
- Some Travel Required.
Qualifications: These requirements represent the education, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties noted below.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university or at least 5 years of previous experience as related to regional residential property management.
- Have significant knowledge about the Charlotte and Triangle markets.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal lease related documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating statements, and government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information in public and professional forums.
- Ability to interact with residents, vendors, and the general public in a professional manner utilizing excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to write, review and analyze reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to perform calculations necessary to produce or interpret budgets, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, rents per square foot, and other basic algebraic functions. Ability to create basic formulas for spreadsheet applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (including Word and Excel), and a working familiarity with Yardi or similar accounting software systems.
- If not held, will be strongly encouraged to earn the CPM designation
- Valid state driver’s license
Characteristics, Skills and Abilities:
- Adaptability, flexibility, and champion of change
- Definitive leadership skills, with proven ability to build teamwork, being firm, fair and consistent
- Commitment to quality results and strong work ethic
- Good communication skills, able to accept constructive criticism and maintain confidentiality
- Customer focused, ability to interface with residents in a professional manner
- Dependability, integrity, and willingness to learn
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- High degree of professionalism