The Leasing Consultant opportunity: The Leasing Consultant will conduct physical and virtual tours of the property and lease apartments to prospective residents. The property is in a phenomenal location and gets a lot of traffic, it’s considered an A property so we are looking for strong sales and phone skills. Ideally, we are looking for someone with 1-2 years of leasing experience. You will perform outreach marketing in the property’s community and associated administrative and operational functions as set forth by the Business Manager.
Leasing Consultant duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out duties and responsibilities assigned by the Business Manager.
- Interview prospective residents, qualify them by their needs, and input their information into the computer on a guest card.
- Accompany prospective residents to community model apartments and ready vacants, helping them in their decision making by selling the benefits and amenities of the community.
- Proactively and professionally ask for leasing commitment from all qualified prospective residents.
- Qualify prospective residents: verify applications, credit information and previous rental history.
- Prepare lease and move-in documentation and all related paperwork.
- Collect rental payments and fees due at move-in.
- Inspect amenities, tour route and ready vacants on a daily basis confirming all is ready, and write MSR’s for those items that are not.
- Assist in the planning and hosting of resident events and marketing initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive apartment marketplace.
- Create a “fact book” with information on the neighborhood surrounding your community that enables you to answer promptly, fully, and accurately any pertinent question a prospective resident might ask.
Leasing Consultant Qualifications:
- Preferably one to two years of multifamily leasing experience but we will consider candidates with excellent sales and phone skills from other industries.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Ability to speak effectively and persuasively before groups of customers and residents.
- Computer literate on spreadsheets, word processing and web-based marketing software.
- Ability to negotiate and close with tenants (current or prospective) in a professional manner.
- A proactive plan to acquire the NALP designation.
- Valid state driver’s license.
Benefits: Ram Realty Services offers a full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer long-term disability, generous paid time off, 401K (with match) and a competitive bonus package. A full list of benefits may be found at http://ramrealestate.atsondemand.com