Summary of Responsibilities:
As "Manager-in-training," assumes responsibilities of Business Manager in the absence of the Business Manager. Otherwise, the Assistant Business Manager performs leasing, administrative functions, and positive resident interaction in support of the apartment community while assisting the team in meeting the goals of the community by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities specifically assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Acts as the Business Manager when the Business Manager is not present.
- Accurately and promptly posts rent receipts daily; prepares bank deposit slips daily; and deposits rent receipts daily. Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as leases, invoices, receipts, and check stubs.
- Audits records and files to identify dates requiring administrative action such as lease expirations, renewals, rent increases, delinquent accounts, evictions, and other time sensitive issues. Collects delinquent rent and implements an aggressive rent collection process to reduce delinquencies. Assists with eviction of residents in compliance with court orders and directions from attorneys.
- Assists in the leasing and marketing of available apartments.
- Assists in providing services to the residents and in planning and hosting resident activities. Responsible for directing quality and efficient resident interaction.
- Ensures that all resident files are properly, timely, and accurately filed. Assists in the preparation of accounts payable vouchers, computer input, and tracking of invoices.
- Assists the maintenance staff in scheduling repairs in response to MSR’s from residents as well as inspecting and approving market ready apartments.
- Responds to after hours emergency calls as required.
- Creates and maintains a positive environment for staff and promotes a quality living experience for the residents.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA and safety training.
Yardi experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university preferred with one to two years related experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to present information and respond to questions from residents, owners, supervisors, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to create basic formulas for spreadsheet applications. Ability to create, read, and understand property budgets. Ability to read and understand operating statements.
Ability to solve practical problems while keeping the community running smoothly and profitably.
If not held, will be required to have a completion plan in place to acquire the ARM or CAM designation. Complete and pass Fair Housing Test.
Valid state driver’s license required and must be able to pass a thorough background screening.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- High degree of professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Commitment to quality results.
- Dependability, integrity, and willingness to learn.
- Proven time management skills.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and champion of change for improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to build teamwork.
- Persuasive and outgoing demeanor.
- Positive attitude.