Ram Realty Advisors
Ram Realty Advisors, LLC (Ram) is a registered investment advisor
that invests on behalf of a series of private equity funds and
partnerships with co-mingled funds from institutions, plan sponsors
and high net worth individuals. Through these funds and partnerships
Ram acquires, develops, manages and finances retail and multifamily
properties in the Southeast. We pursue the acquisition, development,
and redevelopment of commercial, multifamily and mixed-use real
estate. Target markets include, but are not limited too; South
Florida, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville and
Atlanta. Our strategy includes ground-up development, adaptive re-use,
and the acquisition and redevelopment of existing assets. Since 1996
the company has deployed in excess of $2.5 billion in real estate transactions.
Ram is seeking a Regional Director of Asset Management to join their
team in the corporate office in Charlotte or Chapel Hill, North
Carolina. The Regional Director of Asset Management will drive the
successful execution of the business plan for each assigned asset
(multifamily and mixed-use assets).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategy discussions regarding areas of focus for
new investments. Maintain best-in-class working knowledge of the
region/market, including asset class performance, capital markets,
and the competitive environment. The knowledge should be driven by
direct contact with actual market participants (e.g., tenants,
managers, lenders, owners, etc.) in addition to 3rd party research reports.
- Actively participate with the investment and development teams
during the initial analysis of potential acquisitions and
development projects. Provide feedback regarding key assumptions
based upon market data.
- For acquisitions (as distinguished from development projects): (a)
direct coordination of the due diligence process, working with
internal teams and external professionals; (b) ensure that potential
acquisitions are thoroughly vetted and that the results of the
pre-acquisition analysis are included in final underwriting; (c)
create the business plan and investment committee (ICOM) material;
and (d) present to ICOM.
- Primary driver of the business plan for acquisition/value-add
projects at inception. Engage design and marketing professionals,
and direct internal construction project management team (where applicable).
- For development projects (as distinguished from acquisitions):
- (a) participate as a key team member in the due diligence and
pre-development process; and (b) endorse, or challenge, as the case
may be, the key assumptions prior to ICOM review.
- Participate as part of the team at project inception. Maintain
active dialogue with development team during construction process to
ensure compliance with major business plan objectives. For example,
the asset manager will approve (with the developer) potential scope
changes (i.e., value engineering).
- Upon substantial completion of development projects, assume direct
responsibility for business plan execution, focused initially on
successful lease-up and stabilization.
- Engage and manage 3rd party service provider relationships,
including property management, leasing, legal, and other
professionals. Maintain active and consistent dialogue, challenge
key operating assumptions, monitor performance, provide direct
feedback, and where necessary, resolve conflict.
- Asset managers are expected to visit their properties and be in
the market on a frequent basis.
- Actively monitor changes in the local property markets, capital
markets, and/or asset level issues and recommend modifications to
the business plan. Changes may include, by way of example, requests
for additional capital, a shorter (or longer) holding period,
modified financing, etc.
- Prepare (or supervise preparation by an analyst, as the case may
be) quarterly asset reviews, valuation models, and other content for
external fund reporting.
- Review and approve annual operating budgets and multi-year capital
plans. Monitor financial performance, including review of monthly
financial reports (provided by property management) and compliance
with lender requirements and loan covenants (in conjunction with VP
– Capital Markets).
- Complete execution of the business plan through the ultimate sale
of the asset, including recommended timing of disposition,
engagement of investment sale professionals (i.e., brokers),
coordination of sale and buyer selection process, contract
negotiation, and management of due diligence and closing process.
- Make periodic presentations to internal teams, lenders, and
investors regarding asset performance and progress against original
(or revised) business plan.
- Facilitate communication across departments (both internal and
external), as well as across regions and asset types (exchange of
ideas). The asset manager is responsible for ensuring that the Ram
subject-matter experts (regardless of location or department) are
actively engaged in the relevant component(s) of the business plan.
- Promote the Company throughout the region. Maintain active
working relationships with local government(s), economic development
organizations, and industry associations. Maintain consistent
contact with brokers, consultants, developers, investors, and
Qualifications: These requirements represent the
education, knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or ability
required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential duties noted above.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master's Degree preferred with an emphasis on
real estate) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, preferably including
at least three years directly asset managing more than one asset simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of software, specifically
including extensive experience with Excel.
- Past experience acting as an analyst involved in real estate joint
ventures and/or direct acquisitions preferred.
These characteristics and skills are essential for success in
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment across
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a critical thinker and have a comfort level challenging
the status quo and/or conventional wisdom.
- Ability to deal with difficult decisions and conversations.
- Ability to produce, review, analyze, and describe complex
financial projections and related schedules.
- A general understanding of financial statements, real estate
econometric research reports, financing structures, and real estate
related legal documents (loan agreements, leases, property
management agreements, etc.).
These characteristics are highly valued throughout the Company
and essential for all team members:
- High degree of professionalism.
- Commitment to quality and a constant desire for improvement.
- Being open-minded and willing to learn.
- Humility and an ability to admit “I don’t know” or “I made a mistake”.
- Knowing when and how to ask for help.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- A deep belief in the importance of putting the team first.
- A strong sense of respect for self and others.
- An unwavering commitment to integrity (no matter the perceived