Ram Realty Advisors
Ram Realty Advisors, LLC (Ram) is a registered investment advisor
that invests on behalf of a series of private equity funds and
partnerships with co-mingled funds from institutions, plan sponsors
and high net worth individuals. Through these funds and partnerships
Ram acquires, develops, manages and finances retail and multifamily
properties in the Southeast. We pursue the acquisition, development,
and redevelopment of commercial, multifamily and mixed-use real
estate. Target markets include, but are not limited too; South
Florida, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville and
Atlanta. Our strategy includes ground-up development, adaptive re-use,
and the acquisition and redevelopment of existing assets. Since 1996
the company has deployed in excess of $2.5 billion in real estate transactions.
Ram is seeking an Asset Manager to join their team in the corporate
office in Charlotte or Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The Asset Manager
will be responsible tomanage assigned portfolio of assets, creating
and executing strategic business plans to add value to multifamily,
retail, and mixed use (retail and multifamily) assets on behalf of an investor/owner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee a portfolio of real estate investments in the Southeast
and strategically manage each asset to maximize investment returns
and asset value during the fund holding period.
- Direct property management, accounting and leasing (in-house or
3rd party) to develop, review, revise and implement budgets and
- Evaluate, direct, and oversee capital improvements and value add strategies.
- Evaluate and understand local market trends that impact an
assigned portfolio; formulate strategies to capitalize on these trends.
- Actively participate in the acquisition process including
development of business plan; work collaboratively on due diligence
inclusive of market analysis, engineering, environmental and
- Direct the disposition process, including hiring of third party professionals.
- Travel to assess property conditions; evaluate leasing and
property performance and personnel.
- Evaluate investment performance of the assets; prepare cash flow
forecasts and distribution recommendations; monitor strategic plans
and hold/sell analyses; and provide quarterly updates to senior management.
- Attend industry events to maintain a presence in the marketplace
where Ram does business.
- Converse fluently with investors about the overall performance of
assets and fund level performance in which they are invested.
- Act as catalyst for business growth in Regional office working
with acquisitions and development to provide opportunities for
- Understand at a detailed level the issues that will impact the
investment strategy of each asset.
- Direct and implement systems and procedures that provide clarity
regarding performance of assets and ensure that critical timelines
to achieve investment strategies and business plans are met.
- Monitor property compliance with all lender requirements and
forecast future compliance; interact with lenders as needed
including updates on property performance, property tours, and
status of business plans.
:These requirements represent the education,
knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or ability required to
perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
duties noted above.
- Ten years relevant real estate experience.
- Solid operational skills; the successful candidate will be a
'hands on' Asset Manager.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; be flexible and
adaptable; respond effectively; possess strong organizational
skills; detail-oriented; effectively manage time; meet deadlines;
problem solve; negotiate solutions; and work with minimal direction.
- Strategic perspective - candidates must have been involved in
developing strategies for investments and possess strong execution capabilities.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- Outstanding judgment with the ability to identify the relevant
questions and important issues when evaluating a situation.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with proven written and verbal
communication skills and able to work in a team environment.
- Experience working within a joint venture structure (preferred,
but not required).
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Excel and a working
knowledge of Argus.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree in finance or real
- Adaptability, flexibility, and champion of change for improvements
- Ability to build teamwork with good communication skills.
- Commitment to quality results
- Dependability, integrity, and willingness to learn.
- Proven time management skills.
- Meticulous work ethic without compromising efficiency.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- High degree of professionalism.