Ram Realty Advisors, LLC (Ram) is a registered investment advisor
that invests on behalf of a series of private equity funds and
partnerships with co-mingled funds from institutions, plan sponsors
and high net worth individuals. Through these funds and partnerships
Ram acquires, develops, manages and finances retail and multifamily
properties in the Southeast. We pursue the acquisition, development,
and redevelopment of commercial, multifamily and mixed-use real
estate. Target markets include, but are not limited too; South
Florida, Tampa Bay, Orlando, Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Nashville and
Atlanta. Our strategy includes ground-up development, adaptive
re-use, and the acquisition and redevelopment of existing
assets. Since 1996 the company has deployed in excess of $2.5 billion
in real estate transactions.
Ram is seeking a Director of Development to join their team in Tampa,
Florida. The Director of Development will have primary responsibility
for directing the successful execution of assigned multifamily and
retail projects under development and/or redevelopment in the Central
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the design, approval, and implementation of projects.
- Run proformas, develop specific and overall project analysis,
budgets and financial schedules connected with implementing approved
projects. Prepare monthly and periodic project progress reports.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of leases, purchase agreements and
other contractual agreements connected to the implementation of
projects and services rendered by consultants.
- Manage and monitor the activities of consultants hired to perform
specific project-related activities.
- Manage the approval process.
- Monitor and oversee construction activity of projects. Coordinate
other project activities as appropriate.
- Monitor, research, and report upon government policies (City,
County, State and Federal) or actions that may impact projects or
activities being pursued by the company.
- Research and report upon the use of public funds to support
ancillary aspects of development projects and development areas.
- Make periodic presentations to internal and external teams
regarding development projects being pursued and progress of active projects.
- Promote the Company throughout the region. Maintain active
working relationships with local government(s), economic development
organizations, and industry associations. Maintain consistent
contact with brokers, consultants, developers, general contractors,
and property owners. Participate in local municipalities’ chamber of
commerce and/or other applicable organizations.
Qualifications: These requirements represent
the education, knowledge, skill, certifications/licensure and/or
ability required to perform the job satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential duties noted above.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master's Degree preferred with an emphasis on
real estate development or construction) from an accredited
four-year college or university.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the direct execution of
multifamily or retail development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Outlook and Excel required.
Familiarity/knowledge of Argus and graphics programs (e.g.,
PowerPoint) strongly preferred.
These characteristics and skills are essential for success in
- Demonstrated ability to manage third party general contractors on
construction jobs of at least $25 million.
- Experience that demonstrates prior success in evaluating potential
real estate development and investment opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a critical thinker and have a comfort level challenging
the status quo and/or conventional wisdom.
- Ability to produce, review, analyze, and describe complex project
related budgets, projections, and related schedules.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial statements, real
estate econometric research reports, government/zoning regulations,
and financing structures.
- Ability to deal with city, county, and other public officials in a
professional manner utilizing excellent interpersonal and customer
service skills. Ability to effectively present information in public
and professional forums, potentially including local government
hearings and community meetings.
These characteristics are highly valued throughout the
Company and essential for all team members:
- High degree of professionalism.
- Commitment to quality and a constant desire for improvement.
- Being open-minded and willing to learn.
- Humility and an ability to admit "I don’t know" or
"I made a mistake".
- Knowing when and how to ask for help.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- A deep belief in the importance of putting the team first.
- A strong sense of respect for self and others.
- An unwavering commitment to integrity (no matter the perceived